Monday, December 1, 2008

Work from 10th Grade art workshops





Below works from an out of school general art workshop.

Below is a Sculpture of a centaur I made in 2007 using modeling clay. Since this work my knowledge of human anatomy and my skills with clay have greatly increased. This Sculpture was created by first building the entire piece out of aluminum foil and then covering it in modeling clay. The clay covered piece could then be put in a conventional oven and baked.
The sculpture after bing baked, was supposed to have metal wire hair, however due to my move to Serbia I was unable to complete this. However I did continue and instead gave the centaur real hair and the horse body was painted with acrylic paints. The Sculpture though, has not yet been fully completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment