Monday, December 1, 2008

Katherine

Katherine Minola's (from
Taming of the Shrew) Dzumbus Costume Project. For my School's 2007 Shakespeare in The Park production. We were supposed to be create a costume using trash art for our student written Dzumbus Play, however I didn't fully gasp the concept and my idea uses many traditional costume mediums. In my final the shoulder pieces are painted masking tape and the corset is metallic bubble wrap with the rest being a combination of a red velvety material and a shiny golden cloth. However this costume was not used in the final presentation of Dzumbus, but the dress on the left of the picture to the left was used to to the actress' input. The new costume was created with a making tape bust and tissue paper skirt.

Above is the original plan I did for the costume and below are the end results.

No comments:

Post a Comment